Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Volunteer Hours



As you have seen over the course of the semester, I am very active in many clubs and extracurricular activities. I have spent countless hours working with APEM, which is the majors club here at SUNY cortland. We put on events including Splash-for-a-Cause, Field day, Relay for life, and Festivus. Field day was a great experience due to the nature of the event. We taught other physical education majors as well as other students on campus how to play many different lifetime activities. Festivus was a great opportunity to work one on one with children form the community. I volunteered for both APEM and RHA. I got to work with kids who played many different activities including kanjam, ladderball, and a giant bounce house. The children were very excited to be able to just move around and engage in many different games. I was able to observe and aid the students in basic locomotor movement and many different manipulative activities. I also throughout the semester have gone to events including St. Mary's 5k, YMCA 5k spring run, YMCA Tween nights, and volunteered at the J.M McDonald complex. If you would like to see some of the post please reference my previous blog posts that include pictures and more information.

Here are the links to some of my previous posts of my volunteer hours:

Splash for a Cause
YMCA 5k Spring Run
Festivus
Relay For Life
St. Marys 5k
YMCA Tween night




Relay For Life

No comments:

Post a Comment