Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Effective Lessons

Both Professor Yang and the TA's have done a great job of showing me and my fellow classmates how to create effective lessons. I learned today the an effective hook can be a useful tool in drawing the students attention on what you are teaching them. Also it is important that as teachers we always get the students active immediately. Physical education classes are not nearly as long as they should be therefore we must make proper use of all the time so that students can be as physically active and learn as much as possible. This can also work to our advantage as it will warm students up so that we can do stretches and move right into our lesson. Cassie who is one of the TA's gave me some great pointers on how to create a good hook and I will be looking forward to implementing this hook into my lesson next class. Furthermore I will continue to strive to become a better physical educator. I think that it is great that as teacher candidates that we have so many great resources here at Cortland. I think it is also important to notice professors Yang's attention to voice volume and inflection. He himself who does a great job leading by example, shows all the students how important it is to be loud so that all students can hear the instructions and also so that you don't have to waste their time by calling them in. All in all great work and a great learning environment. Great Job 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment