Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lab C Moving Forward

On Friday 4 more of my fellow teacher candidates taught their lab C. I want to recognize the excellent job that everyone did. I am both shocked and pleasantly surprised by how far everyone has come. I think  that it is important to think back as individuals and really see the progress we have made. This will motivate us to not only continue but also to push ourselves harder and strive for excellence. I want to point out also, that although many of you taught age groups that you may not want to teach in the future, or wouldn't prefer to teach, being able to teach them is a great skill. Often times as physical educators we will be running events, or programs that will include a wide variety of age groups. In order for us to be effective in teaching and creating an environment that is conducive to learning we need to be able to understand their development and how to teach specific skills. The conference is coming up on us fast. I encourage everyone to go. I have been to the NYS conference and it was truly an amazing experience. You are exposed to new games and equipment that you can use in your classes. Also it is a great way to get your name out there and to meet people and formulate connections in the physical education world. These connections may be the stronghold upon which you find a career or develop successful programs. I will post some pictures and videos of last years NYS conference so that you can see the real value behind it. I look forward to seeing many of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment