Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Relay For Life


I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone who participated in the event, not only APEM but all other teams as well. I was amazed by how many people really came together for a great cause. For those of you who could not attend I will try to sum up all of the event thats took place. There was acts ranging form dance performances, and bands and DJ's. The atmosphere was truly upbeat and everyone was happy to be there. There was food and many activities to do in order to keep busy for the full 12 hrs. APEM hosted a bunch of Minute-to-Win-it games. This was a great hit. Many people asked what the games where and were intrigued and decided to play. I think that it is at events like this that more physical education majors should be present. This was truly an athletic event considering the fact that a minimum of one person from your team had to be walking for the entire 12 hour duration. I know of a few select people who walked almost the entire time. What great stamina! As the vice president of APEM I want to extend an invitation to all students and teachers who want to get more involved on campus. We have quite a few events still remaining including Festivals, Swim for a cause, and the PEP awards. I think as physical education majors we need to be involved with all that we can and truly help the community in which we live. If you would like to find out more about doing these events talk with me or come to the next APEM meeting Tuesday at 6pm Poolside. Below I will post a picture of my team (minus me) and some other pictures from the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment